I used to drink coffee every day. Being a 9-5er and a waitress/bartender simultaneously tends to kill your patience and your energy. I was always the type of person to have more than one job at a time, I’m not sure why…I guess I always enjoyed my jobs, I always worked with friends, so the more the merrier eh?
My coffee phases come and go now.
I had an iced coffee the other day for the first time in a loooooong time and it really rocked my socks. I don’t do sugar in my coffee – yup, I’m the one ordering espresso or coffee black. Ten years ago I wouldn’t have believed you if you told me I was drinking coffee black. I used to love it super light with cream – still no sugar. It’s funny how tastes changes over time.
Frozen bananas lend a creaminess that works so well with cold smoothies, without having an overbearing taste of banana.
Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants and lowers blood sugars. I love sprinkling cinnamon in my black coffee too.
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced before freezing
- 1 c coffee, room temp or cold
- 1/2 c milk – I use hemp milk
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 t sweetener, if desired – you should be freezing your bananas when they are super ripe, brown and spotty so that they are sweet enough! I don’t usually add sweetener for this reason.
- Optional – a spoonful of coconut cream for extra creaminess
Blend everything until smooth.